Station owners really don't make much money off of gas.  Their lucky to make a
nickel a gallon.  They make their money on what's called C-Store sales.

If more people could take public transportation it would help greatly.

Funny tidbit.  BP says they loose money on their gas stations, $100mil last
year.  You refine it, you transport it, you store it, you delivery it, and you
sell it.  How do you loose money when you control all aspects of it.  Just by
vertues of econmies of scale you have to make money.

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:46:25 GMT, marilyn wrote