I thank you very much.
On 10/3/05, Paul S Cantrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, Lowe's carries lye in the US under the brand name Roebic.  They do NOT
> appear to ship it.  US$7.66 + tax for  908 grams here in Charleston, South
> Carolina.
>  Claims to be 100% NaOH
>
>  Roebic
>  2 Lbs. Heavy Duty Crystal Drain Opener
>  Item #: 146450       Model: HD-CRY

>  "Contains 100% Sodium Hydroxide (caustic soda)
This is just the kind of info I need to get started. If I see this
info five or so times it just may have a chance to sink in.
Keith said I should just get started. At the moment I am content to
read and research as I don't own a diesel engine. I am in no rush. The
alternative is to make ethanol which is why I joined to this group to
begin with. It seems to me like bio-diesel is a whole lot simpler.
So for me just getting started is finding where the chemicals can be
had locally. Your info did just that. I live in New Mexico and we have
a Lowes. Now I need, I know, always something else, where do I get
methanol for my test batches?
Slowly but surely,
Brian Rodgers