Hey, everyone:

I'll be bringing home my first drum of methanol (I've been buying it expensively in 5-gallon pails until now) in the next week or so. As I live where it gets--and stays--very hot (though the methanol will be stored in the shade, the temperature is well above 100F for most of the summer here), I was planning to vent the drum with a spring-assisted check valve.

Any thoughts about why that would or wouldn't work?

Thanks,

Sean