It is worse than that.
The device has a safety
The "shoe" has to be depressed so you cant just shoot nails through the air.
He depressed it with his head.
Darwin award

Kirk

Bill Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I to ment no disrespect, just pointing out that in many stories we read and hear common sence seems to be more and more a thing of the past. The other day I heard of a young carpenter that accidently shot himself on the head with a framing nail gun. It seemed to have jammed on him,,,,, you can guess the rest of the story. Fortunally he was not to badly hurt, the nail DID penitrate the skull but not by much. However a few inches one way or another and,,,,? I can't believe that he actually pushed the contact foot back with the thing still hooked up to air and something (finger ?) on or near the trigger.

Mike Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It wasn't my intent to be insensitive. This was a case of operator
error - a young man didn't realize the danger of methanol fumes
and lost his life.