On 10/22/2016 14:59, Darryl McMahon wrote:
I have a few minutes to think and reflect today.

It's 2 weeks after the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. I still have a lot to do to get ready for winter. But in my memory, we had to have most of this done by the end of Thanksgiving weekend, because hard freezes were due, and a soft freeze might have happened. Even just 5 years ago.

I hear you. We've built a new home and moved back to Summerland, where we lived 22 years ago. Okanagan Lake used to freeze over from Penticton to Summerland, but now it barely freezes around the shallow edges of its southern shore. I remember seeing ice fog here, yet the last two years that I've been back in the area, it's never cold enough. We have Mourning Doves living here now. It feels like California . . .

Now that we're over the 400 ppm mark, I suspect that climate changes we're seeing now are the beginnings of permanent changes for which we are totally unprepared. People are strangely complacent, though . . .

When they see the evaporator panels for our Sun Pump on the roof, the first question they ask is, "How much did it cost?" I've started replying with, "How much is a stable climate worth?"

We're ingrained to see dollar values in everything. However, the price of a biosphere that supports us can't be quantified. We're so accustomed to "privatizing profits and socializing costs" that people like me, who build for efficiency, are seen as eccentric. I shake my head at this kind of attitude and quietly worry about the trouble that's coming.

Robert Luis Rabello
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.newadventure.ca

Ceremonies and Celebrations video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV3k-s_sg1Q

Meet the People video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txsCdh1hZ6c

Crisis video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZedNEXhTn4

The Long Journey video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy4muxaksgk

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not consent to
the retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as
well as printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using
it. If you believe you have received this communication in error, please delete
it immediately.