<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Personally, with all this talk of "killing Flash" and "writing
> next-generation content authoringtools", I'd just as soon be happy to see
> some creative uses of SVG by
> application authors ... not forthe sake of SVG itself, but for the sake of
> their apps.

There are some great SVG apps about - the last keynote from reslogic in
japan was excellent, using SVG to create a print workflow tool enabling non
tech people to edit print marketing documents  - as used by many hundreds of
companies in jp was great, completely nothing like flash.

flash's strengths (easy creation of marketing animations) is not svg's
strengths, stop comparing them they're rubbish - svg is poor in that area,
always will be, yes you can do them in svg, the same as you can do large
scale mapping editing in flash, but you're seriously compramising the app to
do it.

Jim.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM