[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Philippe, xaml is a competing technology to SVG... this makes it relevant
> to svg-developers, no? Especially a first-out-of-the-gate product like
> theirs...

Of course, I wrote that half tongue-in-check...
Being nice and all, I was about to add something to tone down my
comment, but it would have ruined my entrance =)

> IMHO, It's a shame we dont have anybody making so much of a splash with
> SVG...
>
> Philippe Lhoste wrote:
>>
>> svgdeveloper wrote:
>>> MOBIFORM XAML Editor and XAML Clone have been released for Windows
>>> XP and Longhorn
>>
>> I wonder what this announcement is doing on the SVG mailing list...
>>

> I do have to agree about the bit regarding unsoliccited spam. But I
> suspect you may have tested their product and given away an email address
> at some time. I got a similar email at my email address on my client's
> domain. And I used this email address to evaluate a previous Mobiform
> product.

Well, I don't remember such a test, and even less checking a box
specifying I want to receive annoucements, but then again, my memory may
be bad...

> Give them the benefit of the doubt. They're small, they're keen, and they
> believe immensely in their product.

I did: "It was close from a spam mail". _Close_ is the key word, some
other people would have been less keen...

It was a kind of hot reaction, I have nothing against Mobiform and their
business, and actually nothing against XAML.

Jan wrote: "The future is XAML!". He is right, currently it is still in
the future, ie. as stable as SVG 1.2 for example...

That's just another Microsoft technology, like it spits dozen a year,
like VML for example. Would it meet success, would it be forgotten like
VML? Nobody knows.

I devote much of my time to learn SVG and improve my skills, I don't
have the time to spend on a vaporware, even if some make it more real.
Actually, I just don't have the time to spend there, like I don't want
to learn .Net technology. I would rather spend my time to learn Java and
improve my MFC skills, as they are currently much more asked for in job
offers, at least in France... SVG is another story, a love story ;-)

I have nothing against these technologies: should I find a job requiring
to know them, I would happily learn them, like I recently studied XSL(T)
because I had an interview for a job requiring this knowledge.
But one have only one life, and some of this time is spend away from the
computer...

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France