>that's preposterous, in terms of accessibility the SVG1.1 spec is
>broken.

Certainly, but you keep bringing back specific discussions, about specific
things, to the general SVG accessibility as a whole is broken.  We were
specifically discussing tooltips, nothing more.

>In no case does the number of user agents have anything to do with the
>matter.

Of course it does, writing a whole load of crap javascript does not improve
accessibility, never, rather than taking what I write to be about the thing
I'm writing about - tooltips - you decide to extend what I write to
everywhere

> They may well be a minority, but
>serving minorities is the meaning of accessibility.

No it's not!  accessibility is not about authors increasing their authoring
costs hundreds of percent simply to work around bugs in user agents and
specification, if you have a particular desire to support certain user
agents, then it's down to you when you do it, however to criticise Dougs
example because it didn't work in Mozilla SVG was extremely misleading when
your example didn't work in Ikivo, Bitflash (and maybe even tinyline)
whereas Dougs did.  They're released shipping players used by thousands of
people, Mozilla SVG certainly is not that.  Supporting mozilla SVG can well
be worthwhile but not at the expense of other user agents, and certainly
don't expect others to go out of there way to work around its
bugs/limitations, as it's pre-beta product, and those limitations and bugs
will soon be fixed.

The SMIL solution for tooltips is a very good one, much better than the
script one, for a large number of reasons.

>Your contribution to the mozSVG accessibility bug team is awaited.

I do not use mozilla, so I won't be finding bugs in it, I find the interface
annoying as a browser, I'm doing what I can to aid the project though as you
well know.

Jim.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM