Since Mozilla sticks to the W3C standards the way to access the
function defined in your SVG document from scripts defined in your
HTML document is to use contentDocument

http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-HTML/html.html#ID-9893177

on the HTMLObjectElement object followed by defaultView

http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Views/views.html#Views-DocumentView

to access the global object (window) for the SVGDocument object like this:

svgObject.contentDocument.defaultView.setData(rs,date_start,date_end)

But then everyone knew that, didn't they?

-Jonathan