My example fails although the files are on the same server and
urlRequestStatus.success == true.
How can I set the output?
For example I just want a String to be sent back with the value "test" and
retrieve it with urlRequestStatus.content
Thanks for your consideration!

Client: SVG-Side
function GetData(text)
{
  getURL("http://kwmotw1.k1:7764/servlet/GetUrlHandler",callback);
}
function callback(urlRequestStatus)
{

  var output

  if(urlRequestStatus.success)
  {
    //--> I don't get any values!!!
    alert(urlRequestStatus.content);
    alert(urlRequestStatus.contentType);
  }
  else {
  alert('no Success');
  }
}
... on click getData.....

Server_Servlet
public class GetUrlHandler extends HttpServlet
{
  private static final String CONTENT_TYPE = "image/svg xml";
  public void init(ServletConfig config) throws ServletException
  {
    super.init(config);
  }
  public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
throws ServletException, IOException
  {
    response.setContentType(CONTENT_TYPE);

    PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
    out.println("<svg width='500' height='500'>");
    out.println("</svg>");
    out.println("test");

    out.close();
  }
  public void  doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
throws ServletException, IOException
   {
      doGet(request,response);

   }