Jonathan Watt wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:35:47 +0100, Philippe Lhoste <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> MARCIO RIBEIRO wrote:
>> > Personal good night...
>> >
>> > I am finding very good to study SVG and he/she would
>> > like to know if it is possible to use controls of HTML
>> > in SVG.
>> >
>> > Example.
>> > Form, Input text, textarea, checkbox,radio group ...
>>
>> The answer to your question is: NO.
>> You can't use HTML controls in SVG.
>
> Sure you can, this works in Mozilla's native SVG implementation: :-)
>
>   http://jwatt.org/svg/demos/button-demo.svg

I see a red circle and nothing else :-)
But I only have standard Mozilla 1.7 with ASV3...
It seems SVG implementation in Mozilla goes by leaps and bounds!
That's a good, very good thing.

>> Now, on IE with ASV, you can embed a SVG into an HTML with controls, and
>> interact with it. It won't work with Mozilla though.
>
> I think probably half my posts to this list have been regarding how to
> do it with Mozilla's native implementation. It works perfectly. If you
> meant it doesn't work for *ASV* in Mozilla, then you are correct.

Yes, I meant that. I still see (perhaps wrongly) the native
implementation of SVG in Mozilla as anecdotic, being used only by some
happy fews. The day Firefox will be officially released with native SVG
support, we could talk serious business, not writing experimental stuff
for a confidential browser.

I *don't* mean by any way to downplay the importance of these
"experimental stuff" or the native implementation, on the contrary (your
demo is very interesting, it is the first foreign-object use I see). I
just mean that today, you can't write something like your button demo
and expect, say, 80% of your visitors (to be conservative) to see
something signifiant, even amongst the population of SVG enthousiasts.

And lastly, I haven't followed this list closely for quite some time,
following a very interesting but demanding Java training. I still have
more than 270 messages to catch up :-) That's why I probably missed most
of your recent posts...

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France