Below is the syntax I'm using to parse the the SVG doc.
svgdoc.importNode(child,true); is what is giving me the "Not
implemented" error.

node = parseXML(data.content, document);
child = node.firstChild;
while(child != null){
    // get sibling BEFORE parent changes
    childSibling = child.nextSibling;
    if(child.nodeType==1){
        theID = child.getAttributeNS(null,"id");
        theMap=svgdoc.getElementById("map2");
        var nodeToImport = svgdoc.importNode(child,true);
        myGeometryToAdd = theMap.getElementById(theID+"1");
        myGeometryToAdd.appendChild(nodeToImport);
    }
    child = childSibling;
}