From: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Chris Lilley
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:39 PM
To: samcctan
Cc: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [svg-developers] SVG Viewer for firefox

On Tuesday, April 26, 2005, 10:17:18 PM, samcctan wrote:

s> Hi all,

s> Is firefox support Adobe SVG VIewer? It seems to work alright for me
s> before, for a short time. THen problems pop up.

what problem, exactly?

s>  The version I installed is ASV3.

Yes, it works well. Obviously SV6 is superior to ASV3 in terms of
implementation.

s> But today, when I browsed through the mozilla website, i found this :

s> "ASV3 does not work with recent versions of Mozilla. In fact, using
s> it will most probably cause your browser to hang or crash."

That is old information about an incompatibility where Mozilla changed an
interface such that plugins which used the old interface crashed the
browser. Its no longer a problem.

s> And is it means I should stop using it for firefox (the firefox for
s> one of my machine seems to crash now and I uninstall Adobe SVG viewer
s> and try to reinstall, I am not able to anymore: install failed, as I
s> posted my problem in the previous post)I have another machine which
s> so far still working. I am worry if I continue using ASV in my
s> firefox in this machine, same problem will happen to my 2nd machine.

s> The ASV6 sounds dodgy as well for firefox....

I have been using ASV 6 with Firefox since it first came out, without
problem.

s>  So now, is there any
s> svg viewer is supported by firefox? What is the alternative if I
s> really need to use firefox and SVG at the same time?

s> ANother question, is it possible to use <embed src = "mySVG.svg"
s> .....> in my html so that I can embed my SVG in my html. It seems
s> alright the first time I run it. But when I refresh it, problem
s> occurs....

what problem, exactly?

s>  Now there are so many problems pop up, I am not sure what is the
s> cause of the whole problem.... Is it of the embed tag or Adobe SVG
s> Viewer in firefox. Could anyone help me, please?????

s> THanks in advance,

s> Samantha

s> -----
s> To unsubscribe send a message to:
s> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
s> -or-
s> visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my
membership"
s> ----
s> Yahoo! Groups Links

--
 Chris Lilley                    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group