Hello,

On 16 mai 2005, at 01:04, Frag Mich wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on getting started
> with SVG Devlopment. I have been a Flash Devloper for the past 6 years
> and am now getting requests to devlop small mobile applications for
> mobile telephones. I am interested in knowing which scipting languages
> are used with svg and if there are any tools that allow for devlopment
> that would be familiar to somone with flash experience.

If you are planning on doing mobile development, chances are you are
targetting the SVG Tiny 1.1 profile which is currently being deployed
on a vast array on mobile phones, primarily in Europe and Northern
America. You can see a not-necessarily exhaustive list of SVG-enabled
mobile phones at:

http://svg.org/special/svg_phones

SVG Tiny 1.1 does not have scripting capabilities while however
allowing for some interactivity through its animation elements
facilities. You can change an object's color when you mouse over it,
or make animations start when you click on a button, etc. Most of the
things that involve actual conditional logic that is usually
expressed with a programming language is not going to be possible in
SVG Tiny 1.1.

Later this year, SVG Tiny 1.2 devices will start showing up on the
market and spread more massively throughout 2006. SVG Tiny 1.2, the
new specification for mobile SVG, allows you for full-blown
interactivity through ECMAScript (same language as ActionScript) or
Java , multimedia capabilities, etc.

Currently available tools for creating mobile SVG content:

   - Adobe Creative Suite 2 Illustrator and GoLive
   - Ikivo Animator
   - Beatware Mobile Designer

Those will definitely help you get on your feet.

Antoine
--
Antoine Quint — Fuchsia Design
SVG & Client-side XML Consulting