merlinperlin12345 wrote:
> i'm new to svg, but allready i'm fascinated by it..

Welcome.

> well, as one of my first projects, i would like you to look over this
> file:
>
> http://www.toomuchcookies.net/mydraw.svgz

Very nice for a first...
Perhaps some tooltips would help, I clicked on a cross and lost my
drawing... :-|

Anyway, I made another one, but I didn't found a way to save it. How do
you plan to upload the result to your server?
I suppose you can only do a postURL. You didn't activated the ASV
capability of saving the SVG in its current state, so to avoid losing my
(bad) drawing, I had to do a screen capture:
http://phi.lho.free.fr/images/artwork/UglyWoman.png
It is hard to draw with a mouse...

> The purpose of this small drawing tool is to invite guests of my
> homepage to not only comment via text-comments but also with a
> picture, that they can draw on-the-fly. As one says, a picture
> expresses more than a thosend words... I think this will be the first
> such approach, or does anyone know of any other commenting system with
> drawing ability?

Well, it is a first AFAIK. Good idea, but ergonomy must be improved for
the least computer savvy.

> Please comment on how to improve it and what you would like to see in
> it. Also, tell me if there is something, that isn't working.

I don't understand what is the purpose of the first cross. I *did*
understood the purpose of the second one, but by hard discovery...
Perhaps a switch to draw without fill, instead of having to make the
fill totally transparent, which is longer to flip back and forth.
An undo button and/or the possibility to erase an object.
Not much more, as the purpose is obviously to keep it simple.

> Cya all.
>
> merlin
>
> http://www.toomuchcookies.net

I don't read German...