Assuming that your drop down menus are coded using SVG, then you respond to the
onmousedown event to capture the mouse click on an element.  You write your own
code to handle the onmousedown event, like look up the element id(s) and change
the visibility I mentioned previously.

If I have not answered your question and you post a small test file, maybe
someone can look at it and answer your question.

chruschtschow64 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I know the ID of the elements, but what I don´t know is the js-command
in the document which makes th edocument react on the drop-down-menu.
I´m pretty new to JS...
Maybe I could send you a small test project with the same problem?

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hsdft2b/M=362329.6886308.7839368.1510227/D=groups/S=1706030389:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124825992/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>