Hi Coolwcool,

    The basic problem is that such a simple minded
transformation would be useless in any sort of common
case.  It would ignore transformations, stroke, etc.
If in the end you are interested in this stuff then you
really want/need the whole GVT tree which is what
the bridge classes build.

    That said if you really want to parse some limited
subset of SVG.  The 'lowlevel' parsers for the various
SVG syntaxes (path 'd' attribute, polygon 'points' attr,
etc.) are available in the org.apache.batik.parsers package.
This is what does most of the work for many of the buildShape
methods.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/1U_rlB/TM