"Mark Birbeck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Jérôme wrote:
>> But maybe if your HTML page show many images, it could be
>> converted to SVG. Otherwise, it doens't worth it.

>But if HTML can't be 'converted' to SVG, why is everyone complaining that
>Microsoft has invented its own vector language for Longhorn (or whatever
>it's called now). If SVG can't handle something as simple as rendering HTML
>then it sounds like they were quite right to! ;)

I think the two of you are using different definitions of converted,
Certainly you cannot convert HTML to SVG and maintain the semantic nature of
the HTML (well unless you embed the HTML semantics)  however converting to a
rendering of the HTML in SVG is indeed possible.

Two options available today are:
http://www.svgmaker.com/
or
http://gecko.dynalivery.com/

The first of which is mature, and works well, the second is quite young and
I don't really know how well it works in a real environment, but the demos
appear to work well.

Cheers,

Jim.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/1U_rlB/TM