Hi Richard,

Unfortunately Mozilla Firefox 1.5 can't load gzip compressed SVG locally
(that needs to be fixed), but it can load it from a server when served with
the correct HTTP headers. Here are a bunch of random links that should
demonstrate that for you:

  http://www.w3.org/2003/12/svg-xml2003/index.svgz
  http://www.bjoernsworld.de/temp/svg-wg-appreciation-day.svgz

http://www.mizzou.edu/~njseef/mygraph.svgz<http://www.mizzou.edu/%7Enjseef/mygraph.svgz>

http://www.graphviz.org/cgi-bin/webdot/webdot/graphs/directed/world.dot.dot.svgz

  http://popolon.org/gblog2/wp-content/upload/fleur_en_cours.svgz
  http://www.websitedev.de/svg/vxhtml11.svgz

http://www.ba.infn.it/~zito/xml/prova.svgz<http://www.ba.infn.it/%7Ezito/xml/prova.svgz>
  http://www.roitsystems.com/r2v/2005-11-24/Captcha.svg.svgz

and, err, not for the young and innocent :-)

  http://faemalia.net/ArtWorx/SVG/Captivation-Of-A-Youthful-Soul.svgz

Regards,
Jonathan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM