hi,

just a side note on the fact that google maps (and MS live local) do not
use SVG in Opera: the official Opera version is <9. and those ones do
not support a transparent background. hence any SVG is rendered in a
white box overlapping the raster tiles and that makes the application
more or less senseless.

andré

Andreas Neumann wrote:
> really cool!
>
> I can confirm. I also see the svg polyline element for the directions.
> One can see it in the DOM inspector.
>
> Andreas
>
> --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Schiller"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> <a
>>

> href="http://blog.codedread.com/archives/2006/05/25/microsoft-live-local-now-uses-svg/";>Link</a>.
>
>> What a pleasant surprise!
>>

> -----
> To unsubscribe send a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> -or-
> membership"
> ----
> Yahoo! Groups Links

andre m. winter,
  cartography for internet and multimedia applications
  schiessstand 4/1, a6091 goetzens, tyrol, austria
  tel.: ++43.5234.32732
  email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        new svg book with actual scripting samples out now!
             check    <http://svg.carto.net/>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM