On Thursday, October 12, 2006, 4:33:01 PM, andrewgirow wrote:

a> Chris,

a> You have mentioned that there are three (four) SVGT 1.2
a> implementations. I would like to ask a couple of questions about it.

a> Question 1:
a> Have the SVGT 1.2 Test Suite been published?

No, it has not been published.The WG is busy constructing it. Sofar the tests
come from three sources:

a) 1.1 test suite (ne version about tobe published)
b) test contributions fromimplementors
c) tests we are writing to fill the gaps

a>  Is it
a> ready/appoved/composed?

Not yet.

a> I've read at the
a> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.2/Tiny/ImpReport.html dated
a> 2006/08/10 that:
a> "The SVG Tiny 1.2 testsuite will be composed of:
a> SVG 1.1 tests, converted to SVG Tiny 1.2
a> Test contributions from implementors,converted to the SVG WG test
a> format
a> Additional tests created as required based on an analysis of test
a> coverage of the specification."

a> You wrote that "I am aware of four SVGT 1.2 implementations"

a> Question 2:
a> Does it mean that there is some closed (private) SVGT 1.2 Test Suite
a> matrix

Not currently

a>  and W3C group can check any given SVG engine against it and
a> annonce the engine as "SVGT 1.2 implementation"?

I said there were implementations. I didn't state they were tested as 100%
compliant. Several of those implementations have been tested against individual
1.2 tests during WG discussions.

a> Iam just curious how it works...

Once we have an initial 1.2 testsuite, we will release those tests that have
been reviewed (ie,thatwe think are reasonable tests witha reasonable test
description and a correct reference image).

--
 Chris Lilley                    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Interaction Domain Leader