From: Helder Magalhães <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 9 October, 2008 15:01:44
Subject: [svg-developers] Re: viewbox breaks xlink transforms

Hi! :-)

> Is there a bug with svg's which means that transforms are broken
> when the aspect ratio is changed in the viewbox?  If I do the
> translation in the viewbox and then scale using
> document.documentEl ement.currentSca le then these xlink objects keep
> there position.

Could you be a bit more specific [1]? At least for me, it's not clear
what the problem is: please state what are the expected result and the
actual results. By the way, did you mean that use elements which refer
other objects using xlink keep their position?

Also, please provide further details such as the implementation (SVG
Viewer) you are experiencing this behavior with. I generally suggest
attempting at least with one alternative implementation, such as Batik
or Opera (which have very good SVG support [2]) for comparison.

Regards,

Helder Magalhães

[1] http://www.chiark. greenend. org.uk/~sgtatham /bugs.html
[2] http://www.codedrea d.com/svg- support.php