  From: iliribur
  To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2010 7:05 AM
  Subject: [svg-developers] HOWTO: opposite clip

  Hi.

  I want to do opposite clipping. Everything outside clipping path should be
visible. Masking is excluded here, as it is not supported yet by the WebKit.

  I can add shape covering whole drawing area to the clipping path, but
reversing coordinates. Problem is: duplicated paths, transformation calculating
twice same coordinates + reversed coordinates for clipping path.

  Is it possible to use same path for drawing and clipping, but clipping will
do opposite? I'm developing game where upper layer should mask lower layer to
achieve better performance.

  For example, parallax effect drawing front to back, where upper layer will
mask lower layer.

  Thanks in advance.