On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:09:53 +0200, KeithA <keith_alle...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'd like to fit a multi-page document into a single file and display w/
> firefox (I curently create multiple files).  Furthermore, I would like
> to be able to use Firefox's print capability to print the same multiple
> pages but I can't get this methodology I found on the web to work (see
> blow).  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thank you,  Keith

Using an xhtml (or html5) container together with css pagebreaking should
work I think, for some examples see e.g
http://davidwalsh.name/css-page-breaks. It's possible that your snippet
will work too, I'd suggest specifying the type of stylesheet though, like
this: <?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="print.css" media="print" ?>.

Here's another take on your structure:

<!DOCTYPE html>
     .page { page-break-after: always; }
     <svg/>