For those who don't know, dx and dy are adjustments from the last print
location.

1. Yes you can use negative values in dx and dy. Doing so moves a <tspan>
element to the left or up but does nothing with <text> elements in Chrome.

2. I've never heard of the color names used and as you mentioned they did not
work in Chrome, which is my primary browser. FireFox 12 showed solid red and
solid blue bars. If I wanted gradients to be visible by everyone, I'd convert
hex or rgb. If you don't know the component colors you can do a screen shot and
load it into most graphics apps and use the ol' dropper to find out.

As has been mentioned, SVG is still under development and the way the standard
is interpreted is somewhat different for some browsers than

I must be travelling,
Jason

tc+ ?23 ?mgt mt tne ?t20 t4++ ?t5 ?tp tg+ ?th ?to
ru- ge++ 3i c++ jt- au+ ls pi+ ta+ he+
kk++ hi+ as+ va+ dr ?ith vr ne so+ zh vi da sy