Hi,

I'm trying to come up with a way to have a fixed-size gradient apply leftwards
from the right edge of a variable-size HTML box. The best I could come up with
is here:

http://jsbin.com/ahelew/2/edit

Note that there are two boxes, of different sizes, with the same mask applied
to them. Unfortunately, in the second (wider) box, more characters get faded
out.

The problem seems to be that positioning something on the right side seems
impossible in SVG+HTML, and using userSpaceOnUse for the coordinate system
makes percentages resolve against the window width rather than the width of the
box on which the mask is applied...

Does anyone have any ideas how I might go around doing this, or is it simply
not possible?

Cheers,
Gijs