Hi, does anyone knowledgeable with Apache Batik know how, or if it's possible
to achieve the following items?

1. Is it possible to specify specific addressable areas within a canvas to
export to PDF or print?

2. Is it possible, once an area has been specified in 1. above, to overlay an
extra layer onto the PDF, so that the two layers are then exported as a PDF
file, or printed?

What I'm trying to do in 2. above is to carve up a massive canvas into smaller
areas that can then be sent to a printer or exported to a file.

The specified areas then need to have a separate layer superimposed on top,
that contains drawing information like author, drawing number, description
notes etc.

I don't even know if Batik is capable of this kind of thing, so I will look
first, but if anyone has info on this, it might save me a load of time.

Thanks.