Using the swagger definition below with 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT (latest) doesn't
seem to work with "importMappings" in all cases.  The reason for this is
the SwaggerParser tries to resolve the references and it can't find
FooType.  However, this works sometimes and I can't figure out why...

Also, what is the expected way to reference an external type?  If I have a
class at com.foo.FooType and I've defined my "import-mappings" as
FooType=com.foo.FooType I want swagger to ignore resolving this reference
and just include the import in the generated code.

type: object
properties:
  fooType:
    $ref: '#/definitions/FooType'

Should it be this?  This doesn't work either.

type: object
properties:
  fooType:
    type: 'FooType'

If you have a type like this then it works for some reason and I suspect
it's because the swagger parser doesn't resolve references properly for
collections like this:

type: object
properties:
  fooType: