We're registering Swagger in global.asax like this:

        protected void Application_Start()
            // Route any 'Swagger' calls to the swagger api
            RouteTable.Routes.MapOwinPath("swagger", app =>
                app.UseSwaggerUi(typeof(WebApiApplication).Assembly, new
                    MiddlewareBasePath = "/swagger"

We've set up web.config like this:

      <!-- Some other values -->
      <add name="SwaggerIndex" path="swagger/index.html" verb="*"
type="NSwag.AspNet.Owin.SwaggerUiIndexMiddleware" />
      <add name="SwaggerGenerator" path="swagger/v1/swagger.json" verb="*"
type="NSwag.AspNet.Owin.SwaggerMiddleware" />
      <add name="SwaggerRedirect" path="swagger" verb="*"
type="NSwag.AspNet.Owin.RedirectMiddleware" />

We're referencing Owin and NSwag.