We're registering Swagger in global.asax like this:

        protected void Application_Start()
        {
            // Route any 'Swagger' calls to the swagger api
            RouteTable.Routes.MapOwinPath("swagger", app =>
            {
                app.UseSwaggerUi(typeof(WebApiApplication).Assembly, new
SwaggerUiOwinSettings
                {
                    MiddlewareBasePath = "/swagger"
                });
            });

            GlobalConfiguration.Configure(WebApiConfig.Register);
    new
ApiConfiguration().ConfigureApplication(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly());
        }

We've set up web.config like this:

  <system.webServer>
    <handlers>
      <!-- Some other values -->
      <add name="SwaggerIndex" path="swagger/index.html" verb="*"
type="NSwag.AspNet.Owin.SwaggerUiIndexMiddleware" />
      <add name="SwaggerGenerator" path="swagger/v1/swagger.json" verb="*"
type="NSwag.AspNet.Owin.SwaggerMiddleware" />
      <add name="SwaggerRedirect" path="swagger" verb="*"
type="NSwag.AspNet.Owin.RedirectMiddleware" />
    </handlers>
  </system.webServer>

We're referencing Owin and NSwag.