On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 at 09:53, D. Hugh Redelmeier <h...@mimosa.com> wrote:

> | From: Andrew Cagney <andrew.cag...@gmail.com>
>
> | (to upgrade the domains use 'make kvm-upgrade' or 'make kvm-purge
> | kvm-upgrade-base-domain')
>
> Darn.
>
> I kicked of a test last night with only "make kvm-purge".  So I guess
> I still get the old version of Strongswan.

kvm-purge leaves the basement (aka the base domain) untouched.  It's
trying to follow the path of least surprise - without an explicit
directive it won't modify the basement contents.

(there's kvm-demolish which also deletes the base domain, however it
undermines other domains, hmm wonder what builders call removing
everything but the basement, minor renovation?)