On Tue, 27 Sep 2016, Nick Howitt wrote:

Following this thread, wouldn't it be better to have Libreswan ignore any non-compatible settings when vti-routing=no, and perhaps log warnings when the conn is loaded, rather than rely on a note on the wiki which is liable to get overlooked?

Yes, the wiki page should not be the only place of such information.

For mtu= we can detect VTI is being used and instead just set the mtu of
the vti interface.

I am thinking that perhaps we should disallow leftsourceip/rightsourceip
when vti-interface is used? But I wouldnt want to limit options if there
are good use cases for this. So I'd rather leave it open for now and
see.

Paul