On 03/07/2018 10:26 AM, Paul Wouters wrote:
On Mon, 5 Mar 2018, Tuomo Soini wrote:

I'm running Fedora 26 with libreswan 3.23 and trying to setup a
host-to-host tunnel using the VTI functionality.

Is this setup/configuration even possible? Maybe I'm missing some
fundamentals here :)

Host-host is not possible with VTI.

I've successfully got VTI to work with a subnet-to-subnet
configuration (left/rightsubnet).

Yes, that's what VTI is designed for.

Indeed. I'm hoping the new xfrmi interface type being considered won't
have this problem.

Paul
Ok thanks! Trying to replace klips with netkey. I experience some weird klips kernel crashes on kernel 4.14 (haven't looked into it in detail). Also, klips seems not to be able to "fully" hook up to the kernel crypto API in kernel version 4.14.

Regards,

Erik