After weeks of testing, I think there is such a problem, at least on CentOS7
with the provided kernel and libreswan :)

The only thing I am sure of, is that when I do my test in the failing
condition, it is the XfrmInTmplMismatch counter that gets increased. Just
for clarity, I do my test with "nc -v -s 10.250.14.254 172.16.74.193 5681"
since ping is not accepted on the remote site.
My box is actually a router/firewall, and the problem was reported by my
users. Then for clarity I made the tests with iptables rules flushed, no
clients connected, and using nc from the firewall. But I know that if I try
to simulate the problem with a client in my local lan, dropwatch indicates a
drop in another kernel function than tcp_v4_rcv. I can make the tests and
report it back, including the xfrm_stat counter that gets increased when the
packet should be routed and not accepted.

Luigi