That was it for me.

-----Original Message-----
From:   Jim Leonard [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Wednesday, November 01, 2000 8:08 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: [SWCollect] MobyScale 0.3.0 -- please review

"Lee K. Seitz" wrote:

> Jim Leonard boldly stated:
> >

> >Each grade can also have a modifier associated with it:
> >
> >- Sealed (S): Sealed with original factory (or store) shrinkwrap or sticker.
>
> >- Compressed (C): Package has been crushed or compressed.
> >
> >- Torn Wrap (T): Sealed package has tears in the shrinkwrap.
> >
> >- Item Missing (IM): Package is incomplete, missing one or more items from the
>
> >- Missing Minor Component (MMC): Package is missing a minor component.  Minor
>
> >- Bad Media (BM):  Diskette media is known to be bad or defective.
>
> Let me see if I have this straight.
>
> 1.  The S and T modifiers are only used for grading an unopened package.

Yes.

> 2.  The C modifier is mainly for unopened packages, although you might
> arguably use it when rating a box.  (Will this lead to people
> (incorrectly, IMO) rating boxes as "NM, (C)"?)

It would be incorrect to rate something NM (C) since a slightly crushed box
does not qualify as near mint.

> 3.  The IM and MMC modifiers are used when grading an entire package,
> although from the examples IM can be used as a separate "grade" when
> there's no item of which to state the condition.

Uh, I don't understand what you mean by "IM can be used as a separate "grade"
when there's no item of which to state the condition", so I guess I'll leave
that alone.  ?

> 4.  The BM modifier is for whole packages or media.  So I could have a

Yep.  The package has to have been opened to use BM, of course.  MS or any (S)
can't possibly be known to have or not have bad media.

> disk and label that looks Near Mint but doesn't work, so it would be
> "NM, (BM)".

Yep.

>  BTW, the description should say "Software media."  Not
> all software comes on diskette.  There's also tapes, cartridges,
> CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs, etc.

Good point; I've made that change.

Hugh, anything else to add?
--
http://www.MobyGames.com/
The world's most comprehensive historical PC gaming database project.