About Murder on the Zinderneuf...I have the DOS version, and I'm in the
Northern Hemisphere! :-)  I had no idea it was valuable at all.  I don't
remember where/when I got mine, but the person would have been lucky to get
$5 for it.  I don't see how the DOS version would have been especially rare.
EA was notorious for mass producing games.  The DOS version didn't come out
until 1984 -- the original (Atari 800 version, 1983) has the distinction of
being the first game to sign a contract with EA (it is also historically
significant, of course, because it was written by Free Fall Associates --
also of Archon fame -- Jim Freeman's (founder of Epyx) company).  So in my
opinion, the Atari 800 version is far move "valuable" from a historic
standpoint.  I didn't know the DOS version was especially rare, but I'll
keep an eye out from now on!  There is another EA Flat for DOS only called
Radio Baseball.  I haven't seen many of these around, so maybe the DOS
versions of EA games are more rare...maybe they didn't sell well.

By the way, to blow my own horn, if I have one area of expertise it would be
EA flat box games.  I have one of the few complete collections of EA flats
that I know about (some of you probably have complete as well).  I don't
have every platform, but I do have every title.  Anyone who wants to know
more on the topic should visit my EA Flats page:

http://www.classicgaming.com/gotcha/eaflats.htm

Or my EA History page:

http://www.classicgaming.com/gotcha/ea.htm

Or my Epyx History (Free Fall Associates) page:

http://www.classicgaming.com/gotcha/epyx.htm

Best regards,
Hugh