Jim Leonard boldly stated:

>U6 definitely sounds
>best on an MT-32 -- that's where the music was composed originally, and all
>other versions (Adlib, Tandy, etc.) were derived from the MT-32 soundtrack.

Speaking of using different sound cards with the same game....  Has
anyone here ever gotten Monty Python's Flying Circus (a Nintendo-style
platformer/shooter from the early '90s) to work with a non-Adlib card?
The SoundBlaster's supposed to be 100% Adlib compatible, right?

When I first got this game, I tried it on my roommate's IBM PC with an
Adlib card and it sounded great.  When I got a 286 with a SoundBlaster
Pro, it wouldn't play through the card, just the PC speaker.  It was
the same on my Pentium 133 with some kind of SB card.  (I forget which
one now.)  I haven't tried on my current computer, but I'm betting
it'll be unplayable at 700 MHz.  IIRC, Adlib was the only card the
game supported.

--
Lee K. Seitz  *  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *  http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
Wanted:                     |   Visit the Classic Video Games Nexus