Wow -- laughed at for ASM? It amazes me that anyone can laugh at a language that's
basically one level removed from machine language. That's programming at the core!

:) "I need to write a program that will do a 4 byte patch of a save game file.
Should I compile a 5K assembly routine that will do the job is 3 picoseconds, or
should I use Visual C++ with 45 megs of inline compiled DLLs, and requires a Wise
installation routine, and updates the registry, and permanently damages my
browser's ability to process secure website documents?"