Dan Chisarick wrote:

>     Older drives use a mechanical switch (push-button), newer drives use a
> beam of light.  While I've never done it, I can't imagine it being harder
> than connecting the wires that went to the mechanism to a toggle-switch...

Since the only drives that I use to do this kind of work are 360K drives, every
single one I've seen has been the mechanical switch.

BTW:  Don't ever, *EVER* write to a 360K disk you care about in a 1.2M drive!
The heads in a 1.2M drive are narrower than the heads in a 360K drive (this is
so the 1.2M drive has space to write 80 tracks instead of 40).  If you do,
you'll be able to read that disk in the 1.2M drive but never again in the 360K
drive.
--
http://www.MobyGames.com/
The world's most comprehensive gaming database project.