"C.E. Forman" wrote:

> I have an original Softporn disk (On-Line Systems) that doesn't work because
> (1) the imbecile shipper shipped it in a padded envelope which (2) the
> imbecile mail carrier jammed into my tiny apartment mailbox, bending it.
> Fortunately I only paid $3 for it, but still.

See my prior note on repairing damaged floppy disk media.  If you have another
original Softporn that does work and an x-acto knife, you're all set.

> The thing I HATE more than anything?  Is when they say they'll ship it in a
> Priority Mail box and then do... except with no packing material whatsoever,
> so the game box gets all jostled around and the corners get dented.  Morons.
> Almost as bad are the ones who simply wrap the game box with brown parcel
> paper, "Oh, I thought you cared about the *game*, not the *box*."  Nimrods.

Or, you can combine the above two into "the seller who doesn't give a shit".  I
recently bought SiN by Activision because I wanted the box to scan, and the
game to play.  The seller only offered two shipping options, with the cheaper
of them *omitting the box* (he opens the package and sends you just the
media).  Nice "handling" cost, eh?  Anyway, I chose the option *with* box, of
course, and it came in a Priority Mail box with some styrofoam peanuts; while
the corners weren't dented, it was pretty badly crushed.  His excuse was "well,
PO isn't always the best shipping option."  He didn't HAVE any other shipping
options!  Geezus.
--
http://www.MobyGames.com/
The world's most comprehensive gaming database project.