On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Jim Leonard wrote:
> "Stephen S. Lee" wrote:
> > I'll probably re-play Wizardry VII (for the 4th time) shortly.  I probably
> > won't buy Wizardry VIII until after it's been out for a while; I might
> > wait on replaying Wizardry VII until I know what classes to end my
> > characters as.  (It better be near bug-free given that it's in, what, late
>
> Have you tried the Windows remake (Wizardry Gold)?

No, but this is largely because I've heard umpteen reports of bugs and
whatnot.  Most Wizardry veterans I've spoken to prefer the original, and
I don't really want to spend the time trying out the new version given
that reputation.

> > epsilon testing?)  Next on my hit list are the two Fallouts (neither of
> > which I've played more than casually).
>
> I finished Fallout and it bumped my #1 favorite game of all time down to
> #2 (Wasteland).  From what I hear about Fallout 2, it will bump Fallout
> from that top tier when I get around to playing it.

Yeah, I just played through Wasteland twice recently (I'd never played it
more than casually before a few months ago, either).  Word on Fallout 2
is that it isn't quite as good as the original (which I suppose is like
saying Beethoven's 7th isn't quite as good as the 9th, given the tone
these praisings-with-faint-damning usually take).

ObSWCollect: I'm still trying to land an undamaged Wasteland hint book.
(It normally fetches like $100 on eBay if it's in good shape.)  My copy
has an occasional pencil or pen mark (not too bad, but I'd prefer better).
Is it just me, or do the middle pages of this have a tendency to fall out?
(No pun intended.)  Every copy I've ever seen either has the middle four
pages loose, or missing altogether.

-- Stephen