"C.E. Forman" wrote:

> Worse, he got screwed out of a great item he really wanted, which he won
> fair and square, and which he'll probably never find at that price again.
> It's more that than the money.

Yes, but it's not nearly as damaging, as most things in Real Life are.
Remember, it's just a hobby.  A fun one; one we're dedicated to.  But in
the end -- and I'll paraphrase Dani Berry here -- nobody ever said on
their deathbed, "I wish I had collected more software."

> > When you get screwed out of $800 you can bitch, but not $40.
>
> Interesting.  Where exactly is the financial cutoff point between being
> allowed and not being allowed to bitch?

When it's more money than I've lost.  ;-)  There are other measures,
like "when it's more money than dinner and a movie" or other
"disposable" dollar values; $40 is just within that value.  If Dave ever
took his wife or girlfriend out to dinner and a movie, he spent just
about that much money.  $800 isn't disposable; $40 is.  Just my $0.02
;-)
--
http://www.MobyGames.com/
The world's most comprehensive gaming database project.