Hugh Falk wrote:

> Yup, I think Access pioneered the technique (commercially at least) in some
> of it's games.  They called it true voice or true speech or something.

RealSound, and their method was the best (not in terms of sound quality
but in terms of other things that supported the patent, like the use of
interrupts and the sound mastering process).  I am going to build a
shrine to RealSound at some point; I interviewed the guy at Access who
owns the patent many years back.
--
http://www.MobyGames.com/
The world's most comprehensive gaming database project.