Hugh Falk stated:

>Sounds like a great idea...go for it!  Be sure to include numerical data on
>desirable items:  times sold on ebay (rarity), average sale price, etc.  Of
>course, this would require a human eye to get it right.  That would be a
>really useful site.

And a major undertaking.  I did something like this for a while for
two of my pages (http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/cvg/PacmanFever/ and
http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/comics/Rom/actionfig/where.shtml, if
you must now).  It's no big deal for a few items that you're regularly
searching for anyway.  I can't imagine trying to do it on a major
scale, though.

All I did for my pages was create Excel spreadsheets for date, auction
number, winning bid, and notes.  I used the notes to record details on
unusual auctions (like shrinkwrapped/new items or what was missing
from an incomplete auction figure), but didn't make any exceptions for
those in calculating averages and such.  (I figured they'd, well,
average out.)  It's often very hard to accuarately judge condition of
items from an auction listing, even if it has photos.

--
Lee K. Seitz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]