From: Stefan Lindblom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2002 1:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [SWCollect] Time for my introduction

Greetings everyone,

After lurking in this little list for 2 months now I felt now it's the time come out of the closet ;)

As you can see, my name is Stefan Lindblom. I am from Sweden, 25 years old, and as my friend Pedro here pointed out, don't look nerdish enough to be allowed to collect old games :)

Anyway, when I was 12 I bought my first SSI AD&D game, Secret of the Silver Blades. That become the first game to mean something for me, there was magic surrounding it. 2 years later I bought War of the Lance, both for the C-64. I sold them along with my computer to some guy from St. Petersburg who wanted it for his son. I got a Russian annual wage for it, almost feel bad about it. The story behind him was that Russian ships used to come to my hometown to deliver lumber/timber for our huge sawmill.

Off topic after 5 min.. great..

War of the Lance was my way into the Dragonlance world. I am now a proud owner of every novel and every add on(atlas, bestiary and so on) that I am aware of. Something 15 year-old may have eluded me but I sure you will be happy to tell me.

Btw, do guys mind me using smilies? I tend to be full of irony and sarcasm and dont want to be misinterpreted. I mean you guys being adult(except Pedro) and everything, you might take offence from a brat like me :)

Jumping a few years here, to the summer of -99. I found a place called Ebay, I am sure it is familiar ;)

I started searching some at random, probably began with War of the Lance and Amberstar. And after a while I realized that hey, this was cool, I also had about $10000 in my bankaccount. So..

Half a year later and $6000 poorer(maybe $2000 for shipping only since I live in Sweden, sucks), I was the owner of 151 SSI games, mostly the smaller boxes like the Goldbox games. 350 games in total I believe, the rest was mostly games I had fond memories of like the Ultima games, Legend of Faerghail, Defender of the Crown, Dark Heart of Uukrul and so on. Since I moved down to Stockholm, all these games have been stored at my parents place, the attic. Every time I go there I go up there and unpack them just to look at them, I really miss them. I brought my favorite games down here, just to sit in the bookshelf brightening my day.

I have thought about selling many of my games, but I dont know how. Since most people are in the US, I doubt they would want to pay the shipping, about $10 per game. And since I wouldn't sell any $100 games.. well. I have sold a few to a guy from Finland but that was all.

During my ebay days, haven't really been there since, I came into contact with you some of you guys. Tom Mage was the first, and the best "contact" I had abroad, he helped me get my hands on the U9 Dragon Ed since it wasn't released in Sweden, I also bought a bunch of nice games from him. Even think I got my shrinkwrapped copy of War of the Lance from him, hardly have to mention that is one of my favorites :)

I remember asking Tom if he knew my age.. he guessed right, I was perplexed, but then he said I was probably young since young hearts are more fragile. I was depressed cause my relationship was over at the time.. and damn, he was right.

Then there was Edward Franks, hi Edward. I bought a big box of old SSI Apple II games from him, the big box format.

I remember more of you guys but I don't think I ever traded with you, only mailed with you a bit or so.

And the finally we have Pedro with that weird surname. I met him playing Diablo2 this summer and he directed me here. Such a great guy, always makes me laugh. Btw, did you guys know he is noble?

I used to have a homepage before, http://www.stefan.lindblom.com, but is no longer up. I had no time to entertain it and update it, and didnt want to pay for the domain. My old page is still up though but I have done anything with it in 2 years time. If you do happen to have some time over, have a look.

http://w1.650.telia.com/~u65005013/

Ok, now you know who I am. I like the environment here, that you guys seem to know each other so well and stick together, I hope I will become part of it :)

Best regards,

Stefan