> I also came across some boxes of old Apple II magazines, like
> _Nibble_.  Those are actually my father's, though, so they
> stay there. Mr. Romero, do you happen to know what issue of
> which magazines your game Scout Search appeared in?  I typed
> it in many, many years ago, but discovered just a few years
> ago that one of the files on the floppy it was on has
> suffered from bit rot, so I can no longer play it (on those
> rare occassions I can get an Apple II set up in the house).
> Maybe if I find the magazine I can cheat and scan in the code listing.
> 8)

Ah, Nibble.  I loved that magazine.  My first ever published game, on
any medium, was in the June 1984 issue.  I had three other games
published in Nibble magazine, all of them in Decembers 1986, 87, 88.
They were Major Mayhem, City Centurian, and Treasure Dive.  In fact, one
of the coders at Human Head Studios, Chris Rhinehart, learned how to
code in 6502 assembly from the Major Mayhem listing.

In an early May 1983 issue of Nibble was a game listing called Quasar,
written by Brent Iverson.  He's the guy who ported Deluxe Paint II to
the PC from the Amiga. :)

- John