C.E. Forman stated:

>Can anyone help me get started on checking someone's criminal background?

Yahoo's People Search is always offering to search public records,
including criminal records, for a fee.

>What about psychiatric records?  (I'm serious--I think we're dealing with
>someone who isn't quite playing with a full deck.)

I should hope there's no way to access such records except in the case
where it's related to a criminal offense.  (By which I mean a court
ordered evaluation or some such.)  Otherwise it would be a great
invasion of privacy.

--
Lee K. Seitz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]