You can't imagine how much I believed that my first car had a soul.
Still up to today I feel like I somehow betrayed it when I finally had
to give it away.

And I too prefer to fix things instead of giving up on them. Perhaps
that is a trait common to software collectors.

Oh well, as long as I don't live in a self-created junkyard things
should be ok ;-)

Marco