Jim (or anyone else that wants to chime in),

What's the policy of letting people know about the existence of/inviting
them to this list?  This guy sounds like a candidate.

------- start of forwarded message -------
From: Eduardo Alvarez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: rec.games.video.classic
Subject: 5.25 disk care
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:06:58 +0000

Hello, all,

I'm brand new to this group, and I'm not sure if this question is
pertinent (as I see the discussions tend to be about console games), so
if it isn't please slap me in the wrist and point me to the right spot.

Anyway, I am in the process of reassembling my old video game
collection, specifically my collection of old AD&D computer games
published by SSI.  Of course, this implies that a lot of the disks are
going to be in 5.25 inch format.  Obvioulsy making backups of said disks
and keeping the originals safe is the first step for longevity, but I
was wondering if anyone could provide more info on care, such as
protection from mold and humidity, and all those things.  Any help would
be much appreciated.  Thank you!

--
Eduardo Alvarez                 http://www.great-atuin.net/~punga
                                                (offline, at the moment)