I'm on the same side of your german collector friend.

I think this issue falls on one debate we had in 2001, the "data perservationists vs collectors" talk (on the archives under the subject: "[SWCollect] Data or Packaging...which is more valuable?")

--
Pedro R. Quaresma
Salvador Caetano IMVT

Toyota Prius '01, Verdi Steel, 37K km.