From: C.E. Forman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 8:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SWCollect] Mt. Drash cassette and market value

> What would I *really* love to have?  Source code.  To anything.  Old
> Atari games.  Any Ultima (yes the original U1 is in basic), Empire,
> Karateka, Paradroid, whatever.  Don't care.  Sure many games were
> probably pure assembly, why bother with comments :), and most ancient
> source has likely deteriorated or simply lost.  To me, that would be
> the ultimate find (and worth a few bucks, even though there's really
no
> 'original').

I recall seeing a mainframe printout of the source for Colossal Cave
(some
version of it) on eBay years ago.  Stood about half a foot high, I
forget
what they asked for shipping.  But I remember it because it's the only
source code I've ever seen for sale.

Dave Lebling posted a few snippets of the ZIL code from a couple of
Infocom
games somewhere.